Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
Do you have an impressive personality or possess extremely good communication skills? Then hospitality is a good career choice for you. Hospitality management as a profession requires one to possess strong interpersonal communication skills, be meticulous and have business sense. The first step in making a career in the field of hospitality is to pursue a course from a good college and one of the most popular programmes pursued by students right after their Class 12 in this field is Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM).
As part of a BHM course, candidates are taught about different facets of the hospitality industry. Thus, in a BHM course aspirants are taught food and beverage preparation, housekeeping operations, front office operations, computer applications, business communication, accommodation operation, corporate finance, sales, marketing, public relations etc. BHM course is known to have theory as well as practical subjects.
Completion of the BHM course after:
- Hospitality Management is a highly competitive industry but you can find different hospitality companies anywhere and everywhere around the globe. Because of this you will have unlimited job opportunities in your career in your local and abroad equally.
- Freedom it offers for the graduates to choose different career path is remarkable. Graduates who study hotel management can choose a career based on their skill or shift to a related field.
- The fact that most hospitality workers are paid higher than in any other industry makes this a most sought after profession. A hospitality worker can also find extra jobs other than their regular jobs to earn more than their regular income as most jobs come in shifts.
- After studying the bachelor in Hospitality Management you will have the obligatory skills to start your own career in a fast-growing hotel or hospitality business as hospitality graduates have outstanding customer service and problem solving skills and a thorough understanding of financials and fundamental guest services knowledge.
- There are a lot of appealing aspects to hospitality work. Low educational barriers, mobility within the niche departments in addition to mobility in geographic space, and infrequent hours and shifts can all be advantageous.
Purbanchal University (PU)
Program Coordinator, Department of Hotel Management
Mr. Shyam Shrestha